There are many ways to delete contacts on your iPhone. You can either delete contacts using the phone app, on iCloud or with an app from the Apple Store. Below is a step-by-step guide on how to delete contacts on iPhone using iOS 15.
Note: If you’ve enabled syncing to iCloud, the contacts will be saved and backed up to your iCloud account.
Delete Individual Contacts Using the Phone app
- Open the Phone app.
- Go to Contacts at the bottom of the screen.
- Browse through the contact list and select the Contact you want to delete.
- Tap Edit on the contact screen.
- Select Delete Contact at the bottom of the screen.
Delete Multiple Contacts Using iCloud
To delete contacts using iCloud, first make sure contacts are already backed up to your iCloud account.
To back up your contacts on iCloud, go to Settings >Apple ID >iCloud. Tap the slider next to ‘Contacts’ to sync the saved numbers on your iPhone with iCloud. You can log into your iCloud to confirm that the contacts are synced.
You can easily select and delete multiple contacts from your iCloud account. Here is how:
- Sign in to your iCloud account on your Mac or Windows computer (note you can also do this by logging into iCloud on your phone).
- Open Contacts on iCloud.
- Press Shift (Windows) or Command (Mac) and left-click to select multiple contacts to delete.
- Tap the Settings icon on the bottom-left of the screen.
- Select Delete on the pop-up to get rid of the selected contacts.
Note: Deleting a contact removes it entirely from your iPhone. If you delete the contact on iCloud, it will be permanently gone from all your linked devices as well.
Delete Multiple Contacts Using Third-Party Apps
Deleting contacts with iCloud is fast, but if you haven’t backed up your contacts, this may not be an option for you. An alternative is using apps from the Apple Store to get rid of the contacts on your iPhone.
One of the best apps to use is Delete Contacts+.
With Delete Contacts+, you can group contacts in categories like names, emails, contacts, or addresses.
This grouping makes it easier to delete specific contacts.
- Install the Delete Contacts+ app from the Apple Store.
- Click OK to grant the app access to your contacts.
- Select the Contacts you want to delete.
- Tap Delete at the bottom of the screen.
Bela is a journalist that has ghostwritten for popular publications such as MacRumors, 9to5 Mac and AppleInsider. Taking her expertise in covering Apple products and news, she founded Apple Ping to provide users her own inside information about Apple.