Connecting AirPods to your iPhone is a straightforward process because they were designed to seamlessly connect with your device. It’s very rare to encounter any problem when connecting them to your iPhone. You can either connect them via the Home Screen or in Bluetooth settings.
Connect AirPods to your iPhone from the home screen
- Open the AirPods charging case while holding it close to your device when you’re on the Home Screen. An animation will pop up on your device.
- Tap Connect.
- Another animation will appear that will ask you to press and hold the button on the back of the charging case.
- If you want to set up Siri later, tap Not Now.
- The animation will display the battery percentages of the AirPods and the charging case. Tap Done and you are ready to use your AirPods.
Connect AirPods to your iPhone in Settings
- Tap Settings.
- Go to Bluetooth.
- Look for your AirPods in the list of Bluetooth devices and tap on the name if it says “Not Connected”.
- The text will change to “Connected” and you’ll hear a sound in your AirPods. Your AirPods are now connected to your iPhone and ready to be used!
To connect your AirPods to your iPhone after you’ve paired them, you’ll simply have to put them in your ears and they’ll connect automatically.
Bela is a journalist that has ghostwritten for popular publications such as MacRumors, 9to5 Mac and AppleInsider. Taking her expertise in covering Apple products and news, she founded Apple Ping to provide users her own inside information about Apple.